Mt Vernon Lions Club
Start: Nov 24, 2018 - End: Jun 1, 2019
When there’s a need, there’s a Lion. Our mission as Lions is to be engaged in our community while using our influence to help those in need, improve the quality of life, and encourage peace, unity, and cultural understanding. Locally here in the Mount Vernon Area we provide eye screenings for preschool children from ages 6 months to 6 years at no cost to the parents or the school district. Just in the last 3 years we have had 16 children referred to an eye doctor for some type of eye problem. And since we started in 2013, 70 children have been found and referred to an eye doctor. We also provide scholarships for our high school youth, provide meals for Southeast Linn, transport valuable eye tissue for cornea transplants, and provide hearing aids for seniors whose insurance doesn’t cover them. We have accomplished much in the Mt. Vernon area since 1924 such as:
- Buying and donating the land for Davis Park
- Donating Money to pave our streets in the 1930’s
- Helping put up lights and the scoreboard at the Bellamy Bowl in the 1960’s.
- Painting the Memorial Park Gazebo
- Donating Funds for High School Clubs
- And whenever there is a need in our community.
We truly are Loving Individuals Offering Needed Services The Lions service areas are: Vision, Hunger, Environment, Diabetes, Childhood Cancer.